What do World-Class Educators do differently?
- So you’ve done GAFE? – Now what?
- Are you making the most of your device investment?
- Do you want to increase your teaching and learning with digital technologies?
- Would you like to progress through the SAMR model?
- What skills do you need to take your instruction to the next level?
Consider taking a globally recognised, master class in active learning
The International Flipped Learning 3.0 Training and Certification Workshop is a new, active learning certification program developed by a global team of education researchers and educators. The course and certification development was led by Jon Bergmann, one of the pioneers of Flipped Learning and is localised by master teachers in Australia and New Zealand.
The Flipped Classroom movement is sweeping the world as growing numbers of educators are switching to active learning. Active learning has emerged as the foundation of all good instruction and Flipped Learning is the simplest path to active learning.
Workshop Attendees will learn:
- How to turn your classroom into a dynamic and riveting active learning space
- Why Active learning encourages student engagement, deeper learning, retention
- How to use Flipped Learning to simplify the transition to active learning
- How to make the best use of your face-to-face time with students
- How to get more class-time for hands-on activities
- The best global practices in Flipped and Active learning
- How to take flipped Learning and active learning to the next level
- What world class educators do differently
Structure of the Training
Prior to the workshops, you will be given access to 10 units of online learning developed and presented by Jon Bergmann:
- Why Flip
- Planning for Flipped Learning
- Best Practices in Flipped Learning
- Tech Tools of the Flipped Classroom
- What to Do in Class
- Subjects and Levels
- Assessment and Flipped Learning
- Selecting the Right Technology
- Taking Flipped Learning to the Next Level
- Final Steps
Over the two days of the workshop we will cover:
- Bring a unit of work, a lesson or other files along with objectives from the National curriculum
- We will create an interactive unit of work from scratch
- Learn how to develop rich active learning lessons
- Learn all about the various tools you can use to create interactive videos and worksheets
- What you can do with the extra time you have in class, including deeper learning and projects
- Develop better questioning, assessment and feedback
- Have time to create more resources in a safe space with expert support
You will have access to the resources shared and created via an International FLGI Group Forum including a private YouTube channel and shared Google Drive.
“As an experienced facilitator of Teaching and Learning, I’m always looking to refine my approach. This course challenges you to explore and reflect on the best practices when supporting educators in developing Flipped Learning in classrooms, schools and beyond. I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting to support others in doing so”
Ryan Gill, Head of Teaching and Learning 7-12, Masada College