FlipCon Australia 2018 will be held at Monash College (Monash University), Collins Street Centre, Melbourne on Friday 14 and Saturday 15 September 2018.
In 2018 we will “Flip FlipCon”
Prior to attending FlipCon delegates will have access to a 10-hour online training and certification course – Flipped Learning Certification Level 1. This will provide you with fantastic learning, ideas and practical advice before attending the face-to-face conference. (If you have already completed the online course please contact us for a special offer)
On Day One of the conference delegates will delve deeply into practical, hands-on workshops we are calling Cohorts (The Individual Space).
In each Cohort you will work with a Flipped Learning certified trainer across a number of session times (4 hours in total) to create hands-on, practical resources to take back to school with you and use immediately.
The Cohort sessions to choose from are:
- Cohort 1: Masterclass for Leadership & Professional Developers, with Jon Bergmann
- Cohort 2: First-year Flippers, with Aimee Shackleton
- Cohort 3: Flipped Mastery in Maths and Science, with Steve Griffiths and Stephen Crapnell
- Cohort 4: Flipping Humanities, with Ryan Gill
- Cohort 5: Flipping the Primary Classroom, with Matt Burns
- Cohort 6: Are you ready? Preparing our students for learning, with Kirsten Schliephake and Barbara Macfarlan
- Cohort 7: But do I really need to know this?, with Sophie Karanicolas
- Cohort 8: Gamification in the flipped classroom – Making mastery learning explicit and effective, with Pete Whiting
On Day Two you will select from sessions that will focus on the Group Space (The Extra Time in Class).
Some topics will include; Mastery, Active Learning, New Flippers, Science/Maths, English/Art/Language, Primary, Tech Tools, In-Flipping, Gamification, PBL, Inquiry Learning with Jon Bergmann.
The Keynote speakers at this conference will be:
|Keynote 1: Jon Bergmann||Keynote 2: Peter Wagstaff||Keynote 3: Errol St.Clair Smith|